Áron Mátyás Somogyi
- Antitrust/competition law
- Banking and securities
- Corporate and commercial law
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Insolvency and bankrupcy law; execution law
- Intellectual Property
- Real estate/commercial property
Áron Somogyi joined our firm in 2016. He has more than 10 years’ of legal advisory experience at a credit institution especially regarding financing, consumer protection and advertising related issues. His extensive practice encompasses representing clients in lawsuits in various areas of law, providing legal advice in connection with antitrust law, IT law, copyright law and trade mark law. Áron cooperates in providing legal consultancy to Hungarian and international companies and in liquidation proceedings. Áron is a guest lecturer of antitrust law seminars at Pázmány Péter Catholic University and since 2015, a member of Hungarian Competition Law Association.
- Providing consultancy to a financial institution, formulating a strategy in connection with the transposition of complex regulatory changes, and implementing the strategy (e.g. drafting contracts, preparing forms for the bank’s operations);
- Participating in review procedures within the investigation powers of the National Bank of Hungary; representing various financial institutions before and out-of-court;
- Advising in the liquidation proceedings of an investment enterprise/credit institution, providing legal support to the liquidator; representing the debtor company before court and out-of-court;
- Representing a company during sector inquiries and cartel investigations conducted by the Hungarian Competition Authority, and representation before the proceeding courts; participating in a procedure conducted relating to the merger of enterprises;
- Representing a production company with an international background during its planned collective redundancy procedure both towards the employees and the labor authorities concerned; advising companies in order to ensure compliance with labor law, drafting documents and representation in legal disputes;
- Representing the lessee during the lease of office buildings against the lessor; drafting construction agreements, providing legal opinion and advice; participating in negotiations in order to settle (legal) disputes; representing contractors and principals before court and in out-of-court proceedings;
- Drafting contracts regarding the sale and purchase of arable land (vineyard, plough land, orchard, etc.) and preparing documents for the related authority approval procedures.
- Advising advertising agencies and their clients in connection with advertising regulation and media law, drafting contracts for the publication of business advertisements, legal representation in court and out-of-court procedures in connection with advertising disputes;
- Representing Hungarian and multinational companies in business lawsuits before courts.
- Attorney, Szabó Kelemen & Partners Attorneys, 2016 to date
- Legal Counsel, Head of Team, Fundamenta-Lakáskassza Zrt., 2014-2016
- Legal Counsel, Fundamenta-Lakáskassza Zrt., 2008-2013
- Lawyer – Fundamenta-Lakáskassza Zrt., 2006-2008