- Antitrust/competition law
- Corporate and commercial law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Real estate/commercial property
Balázs Dominek joined the firm in 2010. His work encompasses antitrust/competition law, as well as industrial and commercial real estate and a wide range of corporate and commercial matters.
Balázs is also active as a researcher and an author, having been a researcher for the Hungarian Competition Law Research Centre (HCLRC) since 2006 and having authored various articles for the e-Competitions Project of the Institute of Competition Law. He was the recipient of a 2009-2010 Bursary from the Centre of Competition Policy, and was awarded First Prize and the Jogi Fórum's Special Prize (competition law and consumer protection law section) in the 2009 State Final of OTDK (National Student Conference on Science).
- Conducting legal due diligence reviews in connection with acquisitions, drafting legal DD reports at various companies, mostly financial institutions
- Providing competition law advice relating to company acquisitions, fusions and mergers at various companies, mostly financial institutions
- Participation in a number of competition supervision proceedings in connection with anticompetitive agreements and unfair commercial practices
- Participation in a number of competition supervision proceedings in the subject of merger clearance applications
- Advising a number of multinationals and Hungarian undertakings on a regular basis in connection with competition law and consumer protection Legal setup of distribution networks Taking part in the organization of a quota acquisition in a major Hungarian entertainment company
- Taking part in the ongoing provision of commercial real estate development and consultancy services for a major Hungarian investment company
- Participating in providing ongoing real estate and other legal advisory services for an international real estate development company
- Attorney, Szabó Kelemen & Partners Attorneys, 2015 to date
- Legal Trainee, Szabó Kelemen & Partners Attorneys, 2010 – 2015
- Intern, Oppenheim Law Firm (ex Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP), 2009